Saturday, March 31, 2007

live and love

The word "love" gets tossed around a lot these days. People "love" tv shows. They "love" their new Prada bag. They "love" their coffee. They "love" that new comedian...what's his name??? And I do it, too. I "love" jujubes and the garlic tofu dish at that Chinese place on campus. I "love" my soft green bedspread and I "love" when a book I'm reading surprises me and make me say, "(gasp), No!" I "love" my Convrese All*Stars and that kicky little skirt I found on sale. I "love" Reese's peanut butter cups. And I "love" my family. I truly do.

But, these two boys.

These two boys who live my house. The ones I make meals for, share toothpaste with, whose towels I wash. The ones whose messes I help clean, whose jokes crack me up, who pour out of the same juice carton as I do. These two boys whose tears tear my heart - they are a part of my everyday. They are the only other people I consistantly think about daily besides myself. I wonder what they are doing; I make plans for our weekends; I become a barometer for their moods and state of health.

These two boys know the intimate details of my life. They know when we need toilet paper or when we take shortcuts in cleaning the house. They know when one of us is hurting and taking it out on the other two.

These two boys - I don't just "love" them like some piece of chocolate that you can pick up for $.79.

I "live" them.

Day in and day out - they make my life.

1 Comments:

Blogger BlueRain said...

this is beautiful! something that will definitely be on my mind and heart now as I'm doing laundry and cooking dinners.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.